Civil Liability Insurance for self-employed

People who carry out professional activities on their own usually take precautions to minimize the risks of their work. In addition, they usually take out Civil Liability insurance to protect themselves from damages that may occur to third parties outside their business while they are working. There are certain professions such as doctors, dentists, veterinarians or nurses who have insurances that are mandatory by law because they are essential for professional practice.

However, other professionals such as masseurs, tour guides or carpenters are not required to take out a policy to work. However, it is important to remain protected in the professional field against damages that may be caused to third parties. And it is that for the small self-employed to face economically the possible claims that the clients put to them can be very expensive or even impossible to assume. With a CR insurance for self-employed,workers avoid the risk of having to face compensation payments, since these pass directly to the insurance company when they claim third parties.

For example, if an electrician caused a fire or explosion while working or a plumber unleashed a flood in a house, the insurance they have contracted would cover the damage they cause. But this type of insurance not only covers the material or personal damages that they may suffer, but also the economic damages, such as a job not arriving on time and supposes an economic damage for the client.

General coverages

The main coverage of this type of insurance is civil liability (CR), which is adjusted to each insured. You may be a single freelancer, a community with multiple professional members, or multiple employees.

Where it covers an undertaking with several employees, the insurance may protect the professional performance of salaried staff, as well as work carried out outside the premises of the professional taking out the insurance.

In addition, it also covers the use of machinery for the work carried out,fire, explosion and water damage. The facilities or premises in which the professional activity is carried out are usually also covered by CR insurance, as well as the loading, unloading, transport and distribution of goods.

On the other hand, some insurance may include the payment of bonds and even legal services in cases where complaints are filed by the affected client or user.

Supplementary insurance

On the other hand, many self-employed also take out another type of insurance that complements the CR for Self-Employed. One of them is the CR of products or post works, which covers the professional against the claims of third parties for damages that have caused the works he has done. These can range from a plate of spoiled food made by a restaurant cook, to a faulty electrical installation made by an electrician, it all depends on the insurance and its coverages.

In addition, there are also others such as the employer CR, which is responsible for protecting the owner of the insured business against the damages that may be caused to its workers. On the other hand, there is also the Locative Civil Liability, a coverage that covers the landlord against the damages that may be caused to the rented premises, which protects him against the claims of the tenant.

Check Also

What is Car pay as you drive insurance?

Not everyone drives the same way. Some people are much more cautious than others, they …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *