DAAD cooperates with the West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) by offering up to 3 In-Country and 6 In-Region scholarships for Master studies at the West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) for the intake 2021. The programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Ghana
Number of Awards: 9
Value of Award: The scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees* annually
- Study and research allowance annually
- Printing allowance once at the end
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.)
- monthly 500 EUR (PhD In-Country)
- 550 EUR (PhD In-Region)
- Travel allowance (In-Region only): twice (beginning/end of scholarship)
- Health insurance(In-Region only)
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) (at least: Second Class/Upper Division)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan country
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector and/or d) Alumni of the DAFI-programme
Application Process: The application process contains two steps,
Applicants must apply for their studies at the West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. The West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) has set its own deadlines.
Additionally, once you submit your application to West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI), please send a short notification to DAAD that you have applied with the subject “Your Surname_First name_WACCI” to the email address of the DAAD contact person given below.
Mrs. Jennifer Saint-Acquaye
PMB LG 30, Legon, Accra, Ghana
Tel.: +233 (0) 248 571913
The West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) will provide the shortlisted candidates with the link to the DAAD-Portal. Only the pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal, register themselves and submit an DAAD application. DAAD Deadline: 10th February 2021.
Documents to be submitted (in English):
- DAAD application form duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- Recommendation letter by university teachers (Master 1)
- Letter of admission for the host institution
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation and a timetable (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport.
Application Deadline: 10th February 2021
For more information, click here.