Ezera Research Fellowship for Africans at the University of California 2021: The Center for African Studies at the University of California, Berkeley is pleased to announce the 2021 Ezera Research Fellowship for African students.
The Ezera Fellowship gives priority to graduate students from West Africa who exhibit exceptional promise of advancing scholarship in African Studies in the social sciences, humanities, and public policy. African students enrolling in a doctoral program at the university are to take advantage of the fellowship program.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): University of California, Berkeley
Fellowship Level: PhD
Fellowship to be taken at: USA
Fellowship Worth: See benefits
Fellowship Slot: Not specified
Subject Eligibility: Social Sciences, Humanities, Public Policy
Country Eligibility: Africans
Ezera Research fellowship for Africans at the University of California 2021 | Details
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Eligibility: To be eligible for the fellowship, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a doctoral program at the University of California, Berkeley
- Applicants must be an African with priority given to candidates from West Africa
- Applicants must have been accepted for admission at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong academic, research and leadership abilities.
- Applicants must show exceptional interest in advancing scholarship in African Studies.
- Funds may be requested for maintenance, travel, or research costs, as appropriate to enhance pre-dissertation and dissertation research in Africa.
- Grants of up to $1000 may be requested.
How-to-Apply: Eligible applicants are to visit the official application website to apply. Applicants are encouraged to send in their application before the application deadline as late applications will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 8 February 2021