Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at University of British Columbia: Interested in a scholarship at the University of British – Canada? Applications for the 2021/22 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program are now open. Interested and eligible applicants are hereby invited to put in their applications.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars program only covers expenses of the admitted scholars, hence the you will need to apply to study at University of British Columbia. Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents are, however, not eligible to apply for this award. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC cannot be applied to pursue programs at other academic institutions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Scholarship to be taken at: University of British Columbia, Canada
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Scholarship Slots: Not stated.
Subject Eligibility: All subject areas
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Africans.
General Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Masters’ Degree Program at UBC, the applicant must:
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree;
- must not already have a graduate or PhD degree;
- be 35 years old or younger (i.e. born in 1985 or after);
- be a citizen or a refugee of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country;
- present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere;
- have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and show leadership qualities or potential;
- demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities in their current profession, university or community;
- be a person who requires a Canadian study permit to study in Canada;
- commit to returning to Africa in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others;
You should be applying for a Master’s degree in one of the following faculties and programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus;
- Faculty of Forestry
- Faculty of Land and Food Systems
- Faculty of Science
Application Procedures for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at University of British Columbia
To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at University of British Columbia for the 2021/2022 academic session, you should follow the steps as stated (see official website for details of the steps)
Step One: Confirm your eligibility for admission and choose program – Admissibility Submission
Step Two: Check for what English test you may need to take – Additional Tests
Step Three: Check if you are eligibility and apply to Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Eligibility Package
Step Four: Apply to UBC Faculty of choice – UBC Faculty Applications
Step 1: Admissibility Submission: November 6, 2020
Step 2: Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application: December 11, 2020
Step 3: UBC Faculty Applications:
- Forestry: January 13, 2021
- Land and Food Systems: January 8, 2021
- Science: January 8, 2021
Please note that these dates may vary from those posted on faculty websites.