The UK Government is offering future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK by applying for the 2020 Chevening Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from all over the world to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Applications Deadline: 3 November 2020, at 12:00 (GMT)
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
Scholarship Award: Full funded.
- Applicants must be Nigerians
- Applicants must have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Applicants must be fluent in English Language and have great communication skills
- Applicants must have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Applicants must apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
- Applicants must return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
Application Process: All Chevening applicants must submit their education documents, references, and one unconditional UK university offer. The deadlines for these required documents are in the application timeline. Use the ‘Apply’ button to upload them.
If you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you have submitted these documents in order to remain in the process.
Applicants will receive email updates about your application status at each step of the selection process. You can also check your status on the online application system.
For more information, click here.