Mastercard in partnership with McGill University is offering scholarship opportunities to Africans who are interested in pursuing a degree program at the Institution. Students also receive guidance and funding for two internships in their home countries during their studies.
This scholarship program is designed to create a globally educated and highly qualified group of future leaders, who, upon graduation, can return to Africa to help foster the region’s development.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
Type: Masters ((non-thesis)
Value of Scholarship: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at McGill will receive a holistic set of financial, social, and academic supports throughout their education and during their post-graduate transitions.
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must;
- Be admissible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University (see Program List below);
- Have never completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a professor of a recognized Mastercard Foundation Partner University, or;
- Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member (see Nomination Form);
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country (see List of
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal
of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Demonstrate that your financial status is in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
- Deadline to submit the Application for Admission in uApply: Your program’s deadline
- Deadline to submit MCF Supporting Documents in uApply: January 31, 2021
How To Apply: Click Here To Begin Application Process
For more information, click here.