The DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year to all applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries. The applicants need to have an excellent academic record in order to be accepted and their goal needs to be to follow development-related Masters and PhD studies.
|Application Deadline:||30 June, 2019.|
|To be taken at (country):||South Africa/Germany|
|Host||University of Western Cape, South Africa/Ruhr-University Bochum in Germany|
|Number of Scholarship||Not specified|
|Eligible Countries||Sub-Saharan Africans.|
Eligible Field of Study
- MA in Development Studies
- Master in Public Administration
- The different PhD options at the entre (PhD UWC)
- The MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme)
Value/Benefits And Duration
- Full tuition and registration fees are covered
- 650 Euro alongside travel allowances for Master students.
- 900 Euro plus travel costs monthly allowance for PhD students.
- Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% average for your last degree
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognized university
- The previous degree should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies
- South African students are required to have an honors degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree. • Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be a TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
- There is no formal age restriction, but applicants should apply within three years of completing their previous degree unless they have a good reason for having been academically inactive for a period
- Women are encouraged to apply
- South African students are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.