The Asian Development Bank/Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) offers about 150 postgraduate scholarships a year for studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions.
|To be taken at (country):||Asia, Australia and New Zealand|
|Host||Asian Development Bank/Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) through participating academic institutions.|
|Value/Benefits||Full tuition fees, living allowance, books and instructional materials allowance, medical insurance and travel expenses.|
|Eligible Field of Study||postgraduate studies in economics, management, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.|
|Number of Scholarship||150|
|Duration||One year, with extention to second year|
|Eligible Countries||Asian Development Bank borrowing member countries|
- A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
- Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution .
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of academic institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.